Ever thought about making a difference in your local community?
VACANCY FOR A TOWN COUNCILLOR
LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972 (SECTION 87(2))
THE LOCAL ELECTIONS (PARISHES AND COMMUNITIES) (AMENDMENT) RULES
APPLEBY-IN-WESTMORLAND TOWN COUNCIL
(1) A casual vacancy has arisen in the office of Councillor on the above-mentioned Council caused by the resignation of Valerie Kendall.
(2) A by-election to fill the vacancy must be held if, within 14 days from the date of the publishing of this Notice, ten electors for the Parish Ward give notice, in writing, to the Returning Officer of their request for an election.
(3) The Returning Officer for Parish Elections is Matthew Neal, Town Hall, Penrith, Cumbria CA11 7QF
(4) If no such notice is given, the Parish/Town Council must fill the vacancy by co-option as soon as practicable after the expiry of the period of 14 days referred to at Paragraph (2) above.
Dated: Wednesday 31st August 201
Moot Hall, Boroughgate, Appleby-in-Westmorland, Cumbria, CA16 6YB
- This notice is for use where a vacancy occurs six months or more before the fourth day after the day of the next ordinary election.
- In computing any period of time for the purposes of this notice a Saturday, Sunday, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Good Friday or a Bank Holiday or a day appointed for public thanksgiving or mourning, shall be disregarded.