Election of Parish Councillors for All Parish Councils
Notice is hereby given that
- Elections are to be held for Parish Councillors for Parish or wards of Parishes shown in schedule one to this Notice.
- Nomination papers may be obtained from the offices of the Returning Officer at the Town Hall, Penrith CA11 7QF between 10am and 4pm (excluding Bank Holidays), or from the Electoral Commission website, or the relevant Clerk for each Parish Council.
- Completed nomination papers, or delivery of notices of withdrawal of candidature, must be delivered by hand to the Returning Officer at The Town Hall, Penrith, CA11 7QF on any working day from the date of this notice between the hours of 10 am and 4pm (excluding Bank Holidays) but by no later than 4pm on Tuesday 4 April 2023.
- If an election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday 4 May 2023 between the hours of 7am and 10pm.
- Electors should take note that the following applications must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the Town Hall, Penrith, CA11 7QF by the deadline if they are to be effective for this election:
- Applications to register to vote must be received by midnight on Monday 17 April 2023. Applications can be made on line at www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
- New applications to vote by post or amendments or cancellation of existing postal or proxy arrangements must be received by no later than 5pm Tuesday 18 April 2023.
- Applications for Voter Identification Certificate must be received by no later than 5pm Tuesday 25 April 2023. Applications can be made online at www.gov.uk/apply-for-photo-id-to-vote.
- Applications to appoint a proxy must be received by no later than 5pm on Tuesday 25 April 2023.
- Applications to vote by emergency proxy on the grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons or for the absence of Voter ID after the deadline for proxy applications has past, must be received by no later than 5pm on Thursday 4 May 2023.
Application forms are available from the Elections Office, Town Hall, Penrith CA11 7QF.
Telephone 01768 817817
Email: email@example.com Dated: 20 March 2023
Published by the Returning Officer, Town Hall, Penrith, Cumbria CA11 7QF