The Council meets at least twice a month for Committee and Council meetings. All Council meetings are held in the Council Chamber, Moot Hall, Boroughgate, Appleby-in-Westmorland, Cumbria, CA16 6YB. The public are welcome to attend. The Council also holds an Annual and Town meeting once a year.
The Council provides opportunity for members of the public to make statements or ask questions.
You are welcome to attend the meeting for all matters in part 1 which is the open to the press and public.
If the Council needs to consider private and confidential matters you will have to leave the meeting as the meetings goes into private session which we call part 2.
Public Participation appears at the beginning of the meeting:
- Prior to the meeting please write to the Town Clerk informing the Council that you wish to speak.
- You will be allowed to speak at the discretion of the Chair.
- Your name will not be recorded in the minutes of the meeting.
- The Chair will invite you to stand/sit in location where you can be clearly heard.
- You can speak for a maximum of 3 minutes per meeting.
- Supplementary questions will be allowed for a maximum of 2 minutes.
- The Council may respond to you at the meeting or may write to you.
- You must not interrupt speakers or speak during the member’s debate.
- You must not hold conversations with other members of the public during meetings.
- Members of the public who become disruptive during the meeting will be asked by the Chair to leave.
The Council has three standing Committees: Finance; Planning and General Purpose and Property. There are two other Committees: Staffing and Appeals. To see the Committee Membership click here.
To view pages please click on the links below:
The archives on our web pages only go back as far as 2019’s minutes. If you would like to see any documents prior to this, please contact the Town Clerk on 017683 51177, or email her at email@example.com.